It’s high time we’ve taken care of our pet’s health and not just their stomachs! With numerous pet insurance companies as of late, finding the most suitable one for you is never an easy hurdle to jump.
Want to jump straight to the answer?
Bivvy is Best Choice for:
- Pet owners on a tight budget: Bivvy offers a low monthly price regardless of your pet’s age or breed, making it an affordable option for those seeking basic coverage.
- Pet owners of older animals: Bivvy provides some of the cheapest rates for older pets, which are typically more expensive to insure.
- Pet owners of non-traditional pets: Bivvy stands out by offering coverage for a variety of animals beyond cats and dogs, including rabbits, ferrets, potbellied pigs, turtles, and most birds.
- Pet owners looking for accident and illness coverage: Bivvy’s standard plan covers a range of illnesses and injuries, including surgeries and cancer treatments.
Bivvy may not be the ideal choice for:
- Pet owners seeking customizable plans
- Pet owners in need of comprehensive coverage: Bivvy’s coverage may fall short for larger expenses, as it has lifetime coverage limits on all plans and a 50% reimbursement rate in most states. Other insurers typically pay a higher percentage of vet bills once the deductible is met.
- Pet owners requiring direct payment to the vet
- Pet owners with specific coverage needs: Bivvy’s range of plan options is relatively limited, which may not adequately meet the requirements of pet owners seeking more comprehensive or specialized coverage.
You must be careful when approaching fur-miliar Pet Insurance companies since they may not be the ones you’re looking for or offering the services your pet craves for.
As a rule of thumb – you always need transparent details to comprehend how their services look like, what they offer, and how much they cost.
Fortunately, we’ve found a Pet Insurance Company worth considering. Here’s your fully informational Bivvy Pets Insurance review on a silver platter – dedicated to helping you discover what features the Bivvy Pets Insurance company has.
Bivvy Pet Insurance Review – Every Detail There is to Know
Below, you’ll find everything there is to know about Bivvy Pets Insurance, a brief background of the company, its pros and cons, what they cover, what they don’t, and the price tags for their insurance plans.
Bivvy Pet Insurance Background
Bivvy Pet Insurance’s headquarters is in Madison, Wisconsin. CUMIS Insurance Society subsidizes their insurance, and this society was formed five decades ago. Although Bivvy Pets Insurance is a newcomer in the scene, its innovative strategy for pet insurance has helped them gain a lot of momentum.
Bivvy is well known for offering superb pet insurance policies in the industry. It also provides customizable plans to guarantee that your pet receives the best possible coverage when you initiate their insurance.
Simply put, Bivvy Insurance has greatly outperformed its competition by offering top-notch customer support, short processing time, and a simple process when filing a claim.
Bivvy Pets Insurance also provides fantastic end-sales solutions, but for this, you ought to call them to receive the details you want. Bivvy Insurance reviews typically don’t cover this segment.
Pros & Cons of Bivvy Pet Insurance
Before you see what Bivvy Pet Insurance covers and what their pricing is, you need to familiarize yourself with their pros and cons.
- A single plan for all of your dear pets
- A unique concept in which their plans aren’t built upon the breed of your pet, but rather the location
- $10 monthly premium
- Covers dental problems for canines
- Doesn’t employ upper age limitations for your pets
- Their enrolment procedure is swift and simple
- Yearly coverage limitations of $1,000
- You can’t customize the plan that you’ll receive
- Low reimbursements depending on which state you’re located in (from 50% up to a maximum of 80%)
Bivvy Pet Insurance Plans and Coverage
For the record, Bivvy Pets Insurance only covers dogs and cats – no other animals – and they provide only a single package for pet insurance. Yearly restrictions, percentages of reimbursement, and deductibles are not adjustable and differ from state to state.
The following are some of the ailments covered by an appropriately named plan – Accident and Illness.
- All generalized ailments
- Genetic diseases
- Physical anomalies from birth
- Chronic and acute diseases
- Cancer treatment
- Bone fractures
Below is an overview of certain veterinary charges included in Bivvy Pets Insurance’s plans.
- Treatment at a hospital
- Radiogram/radiograph and overall X-ray treatment
- Sonograms/ultrasound scans
- Dental problems
- Diagnostic therapy
Bivvy Wellness Care Limits
Bivvy Pets Insurance provides a Wellness add-on for animal parents with a total yearly value of $165, which may differ since this figure is from sample quotations obtained by our staff.
Now, it’s time for you to see what their Wellness care limits are for every treatment, testing, or veterinarian appointment.
Vaccinating your pet
Preventing fleas, ticks, and heartworms
Testing for a heartworm
Screening tests (FeLV)
Killing off heartworms
Ailments that existed prior to enrolling at Bivvy Pets Insurance aren’t covered. They define a pre-existing ailment as one that initially arose, or the pet has exhibited clinical indications prior to covering your pet, or even before the conclusion of the appropriate waiting time frame.
Injuries and accidents have a 2 week (14 days) waiting time frame, diseases have a monthly (30 days), whereas any orthopaedic problems have a waiting time frame of a whole year (365 days).
Below, you’ll have a look at what they do not cover:
- Ambulance by helicopter or plane or a non-urgent road transport
- Boarding insurance
- Dental cleanings and other preventative tooth care
- Treatments that are cosmetic, unnecessary, or aesthetical
- Additives made from natural ingredients
Bivvy Pet Insurance Pricing
Bivvy is one of the cheapest pet insurance companies with coverage pricing of around $14 to $15. The pricing depends on which state you live in rather than the breed of your pet. For the Wellness plan, you’ll have to pay an additional $9, and the details may vary from state to state.
If you want to skip the headache of choosing the perfect Pet Insurance with a low monthly cost, then Bivvy Pet Insurance may as well be a perfect choice. Each insurance year, the maximum is reset to $2,000. In some states, this ranges up to a $5,000 yearly limitation.
Throughout your pet’s lifespan, Bivvy pays up a maximum interest of $25,000. As for their deductibles, $100 is implemented on an accepted claim or a capped yearly limit of $250. You have to pay this sum before Bivvy Pet Insurance does, though.
Their reimbursement percentage also differs from state to state. Their lowest is 50%, while the highest reimbursement percentage they offer is 80%.
Bivvy Pet Insurance Review: FAQs
It’s 100% legit. While you can’t customize your plan, lower the yearly covering limitations, and they don’t really have on-hand customer support – the pricing on their coverage is worth remarking upon.
Their Accident & Illness plan covers a lot of things – generalized ailments, genetic diseases, anomalies from birth, bone fractures, chronic and acute diseases, and even cancer treatment.
If you want a pet insurance company with low-cost coverage – Bivvy Pet Insurance is the right place to go. Their maximum yearly limitations are low, though, and the reimbursement percentage goes up to a maximum of 80%.
This pet insurance company covers any genetic diseases that your dog or cat may be susceptible to. That includes diabetes, and also infections in the ear and skin, arthritis, and a bunch of other genetic problems.
Bivvy Pet Insurance Alternatives
To find the best Bivvy Pet Insurance alternative for you, it’s important to compare the plans offered by different companies.
Consider your budget, your pet’s age and health needs, and the type of coverage you’re looking for. You can also read reviews of different pet insurance companies to get a better sense of their customer service and claims process.
Bivvy Pet Insurance alternatives:
- Embrace Pet Insurance – Better coverage, with a focus on preventive care.
- Figo Pet Insurance – More customizable plans, with a wide range of coverage options to choose from.
- Healthy Paws Pet Insurance – Better rates, especially for older pets and pets with pre-existing conditions.
- MetLife Pet Insurance – Quicker coverage for unexpected accidents.
- Lemonade Pet Insurance – Better overall value, with a unique Lemonade Care policy that offers a lower premium and a higher reimbursement rate.
- Pets Best Pet Insurance – Cheaper rates, especially for young pets and pets with no pre-existing conditions.
- Pumpkin Pet Insurance – Best for accident and illness coverage, with a focus on sudden onset illnesses and injuries.
- Spot Pet Insurance – Best for preventive care, with a unique wellness package that covers the cost of routine vet visits and vaccinations.
- Trupanion Pet Insurance – Best for lifelong coverage, with no annual or lifetime limits on benefits.
- ASPCA Pet Insurance – Best for pet parents who want to support a good cause, with a portion of every premium donated to the ASPCA.
- Nationwide Pet Insurance – Best for pet parents who want a variety of coverage options to choose from, including wellness plans, multiple pet discounts, and pre-existing condition coverage.
These companies offer a variety of pet insurance plans with different coverage levels and premiums. Some companies also offer additional benefits, such as wellness coverage, multiple pet discounts, and pre-existing condition coverage.