Be it for the desert, or the exposure to many predators – Utah is one of the least pet-friendly states, studies find. According to vets, the state lacks pet facilities, so they can furry populate their towns.
But, during the last two decades, the No-Kill Utah’s initiative efforts and initiative secured 60 pet shelters, where stray dogs and cats can be treated and cured, instead of leaving them to starve to death on the streets, and ready for adoption. But, adopting a pet – or purchasing one for that matter – begs the need for obtaining suitable pet health insurance.
Finding the best pet insurance in Utah will depend on your budget and the services you want covered. Below, we’ll revise the most popular Utah pet insurance policies and the coverage plans they offer in 2022.
Spot Pet Insurance
If you’re worried about the pet insurance Utah costs, Spot is among the best alternatives to pick. Their coverage plans, service, prices, and reputation are on point, resulting in 91 of 100 score by real users.
- No limits for elder pets
- 30 days guarantee for refunds
- Covers exam fees and vet visits
- Covers microchipping
- 14 days long waiting period for accidents
- 5 days of customer service
- Pricy plans for unlimited coverage
Plans & Coverage
Spot pet insurance in Utah has insurance policies that pre-plan for everything pet parents may need.
For starters, there are two well-crafted coverage plans: Accidents-Only and Accidents and Illnesses. Spot additionally promotes pet health with the Optional Preventative Care coverage you can add to the plan you’ve picked.
Let’s go through the specifics that fall under Spot Pet Insurance in Utah:
- Accidents: predator bites, indigestion, extraction of foreign objects, fractures;
- Undiagnosed Illnesses: vomit, diarrhea, nausea, coughs, fevers, colds,
- Hereditary & Congenital Conditions: any pet illness or condition inherited from a pet’s parents;
- Chronic Illnesses: asthma, kidney or liver disease, diabetes;
- Cancer: Full coverage for all the follow-ups after your pet gets diagnosed with cancer;
- Alternative Therapies: acupuncture, physiotherapy, chiropractic care, rehabilitative therapy, hydrotherapy, low-level laser therapy;
- Behavioral Therapy: anxiety, excessive licking, ruining of the home or furniture, fur pulling, aggression, and other compulsive behaviors.
Apart from the coverage, you can also arrange the costs for the plan you choose. Namely, with Spot, you can select a deductible from $100 – $1,000, an annual benefit limit from $2,500 to unlimited, or a reimbursement rate of the standard 70%, 80%, or 90%, depending on your pet’s age, breed, and type.
Otherwise, the Accidents-Only plan costs $17 fixed, while the Accidents and Illnesses are customizable as you choose deductibles, annual benefits limits, and reimbursement. Expect the costs to increase as you add more coverage.
Lemonade Pet Insurance
Lemonade is one of the most popular options a score of 96/100 as a pet insurance Utah provider.
- Affordable premium plans
- No dull paperwork
- Outstanding customer support team
- Option to bundle up
- Age limit for elder pets
- Requires vet confirmation to get coverage
- Microchipping isn’t covered
Plans & Coverage
Lemonade offers only one variant of insurance coverage, but it is an all-around package.
Here is what the full policy includes:
- Accidents: fractures, infections, poisoning, and other accidents.
- Congenital & Hereditary conditions: asthma, elbow, or hip dysplasia, allergies, or any other illnesses they get born with.
- Typical Undiagnostic Illnesses: nausea, diarrhea, vomiting.
- Chronic diseases: heart diseases, kidney failures, cancer, the list goes on.
- Therapy: Physical therapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture.
- Med Prescription: Only if prescribed by vets.
- Vet visit fees: exam fees.
- Hospitalization: surgeries, special care, outpatient, hospital needs.
- Tests and Screenings: Blood tests, lab work, CT Scans, X-rays, ultrasounds, and all tests required for treating an illness or an injury.
Lemonade also offers the Preventative Plan. This plan is more convenient for younger pets who need all the initial vaccines, vet check-ups, tests, and other necessary procedures that can cost a fortune. If you want an all-inclusive coverage, you have the premium plan at your disposal.
With this pet insurance in Utah, you have an adjustable pricing plan with reimbursements options of 70%, 80%, or 90%.
Embrace is one of the most reputable pet insurance companies Utah can find because of the convenient coverage plans, and other convenient benefits it offers.
- Deductibles that are reduced by $50 if you don’t file a claim the entire year;
- Short waiting periods for accidents;
- Fast claim processing;
- Multi-pet discounts;
- Low caps of $650 on the wellness care program;
- Deductibles barely reach $0;
- Hidden fees;
Plans & Coverage
Embrace Pet Insurance in Utah coverage plan is pretty common as other insurance policies and covers:
- Accidents and illnesses: any injury, accident, poisoning, or predator attack;
- Random sickness: fever, cold, nausea, diarrhea, heat strokes;
- Chronic Illnesses: cardiac diseases, kidney failures, asthma, cancer;
- Specialty care: elbow or hip dysplasia;
- Preventable conditions: Lyme disease, parasites, parvo;
What separates Embrace from other pet insurance coverage plans is the following:
- Dental Accidents and Illnesses: dental illnesses and accidents up to $1,000;
- Follow-ups: any treatment following a covered illness or injury under your plan, including surgery, medication, examinations, and scans;
- Breed-specific & Genetic conditions: hereditary illnesses that aren’t pre-existing conditions;
- Behavioral Therapy: separation anxiety therapy.
Embrace is among the top three most affordable Utah pet insurance providers because of the flexible pricing system. Essentially, you have excellent reimbursement options starting at 70%, 80% and 90%. But, even more convenient, if you don’t file a claim for the entire year, the chosen deductible reduces by $50.
Finally, Embrace offers a Direct Vet Pay option, which will reimburse you the moment you head home from the vet.
Healthy Paws is one of the fundamental animal rights pioneers that recently partnered with Aon Corporation and opened a new pet insurance policy branch. Their new partnership is a symbol of their mission of raising awareness and helping pet families on a budget.
- Over 10 years of experience in the pet insurance business
- Alternative and chiropractic therapies are covered
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No lifetime coverage limits
- Lengthy claim processing for hip dysplasia
- Vet examination fees aren’t covered in the plan.
- Wellness or preventative care aren’t included in the plan.
Plans & Coverage
Healthy Paws includes a single coverage plan that offers the following:
- Accidents & Illnesses: broken bones, poisoning, snake bites, predator attacks;
- Hereditary & Congenital Conditions: Hip and Elbow Dysplasia, Intervertebral Disc Disease, Cherry Eye, tests, scans, and X-rays;
- Chronic Conditions: diabetes, obesity, arthritis, upper chronic respiratory diseases, lower urinary tract diseases, kidney failures, glaucoma, hypothyroidism, allergies, herpes;
- Emergency & Specialty Care: neurology, cardiology, ophthalmology, internal medicine, critical care, oncologists for cancer treatments;
- Alternative care: chiropractic, hydrotherapy, laser therapy, massage, acupuncture, veterinary herbal therapy, homeotherapy;
- Cancer: chemotherapy, lab tests, surgery, diagnostics, med prescriptions, alternative therapy, radiation therapy, diagnostics, rehabilitation;
As for their prices, Healthy Paws’ monthly costs aren’t fixed, but determined according to the pet’s age, type, and breed. Healthy Paws doesn’t offer absolute reimbursement, but it’s close or up to 90%.
Roughly, the average price for adult dogs is $40, and $12 for adult cats.
Prudent Pet offers pet insurance policies that work in both the favor of cats and dogs – and your budget. Although it appeared on the insurance market just recently, Prudent Pet found a way to rank among the traditional insurance companies.
- No age limits for elder pets;
- Fast claim processing for accidents and illnesses;
- Various discounts for future pets;
- 10% discount for future insured pets
- Expensive policies for some breeds;
- Poor feedback on premium programs;
- Vet Direct option is off the table;
Plans & Coverage
Prudent Pet offers three plans: Basic, Essential and Ultimate.
The Basic Plan covers
- Accidents: fractures, bites, wounds, injuries;
- Dental Accidents: If a pet gets undergoes accidents resulting from dental issues, it will be covered.
The Essential Plan includes the Basic, plus:
- Random or Seasonal Illnesses: flu, fevers, nausea, diarrhea, coughs;
- Chronic Conditions: asthma, heart diseases, kidney failures, etc;
- Hereditary or Congenital Conditions: eye, ear, or skin infections, birth deformities, hip or elbow dysplasia, or any other ailment your pet may inherit.
- Cancer: All the necessary treatments that come after a pet gets diagnosed with cancer.
The Ultimate Plan is all-inclusive. It covers both the basic and essential plan, but also:
- Advertising: lost pets, rewards, reimbursement for theft, or stray pets
- Travel: boarding expenses, vacay travel insurance
Prudent Pet’s pricing plan is super flexible and offers many options you can tailor.
Their deductibles vary between $100 to $250, $500, and $1,000. As for the annual benefits, they are capped at $10,000, while their Ultimate plan has unlimited coverage.
The reimbursement rate is also adjustable and you can pick 70%, 80%, or 90%. Lastly, for any future Prudent pet you enroll in a plan, you get a discount of 10%.
ASPCA is one of the best pet insurance Utah providers to turn to, with the United States Fire Insurance Company underwriting their policy. ASPCA offers various perks in terms of insurance plans and has an A rating from the AM, which makes it a highly popular alternative.
- Discounts for future ASPCA pets;
- 30-day money-back guarantee;
- Tolerance of some pre-existing conditions;
- Coverage for microchips in standard plans;
- Lengthy waiting period for accidents;
- Poor reimbursement complaints;
- Unchangeable plans for a year;
Plans & Coverage
ASPCA offers Accidents-Only and Complete Coverage plans.
The Accidents-Only is more like a basic or a starter coverage plan that covers only the accidents and the follow-ups coming from that accident. That means the vet bills and necessary procedures for any wound, poisoning, predator bite, or fracture your pet may suffer will be covered.
The Complete Coverage counts a wider specter of treatments covered:
- Unknown illnesses: tummy issues, ear, eye, and skin infections, urinary tract infections, hypothyroidism, and other undiagnosed illnesses;
- Hereditary & Congenital Conditions: hip or elbow dysplasia, cardiac illnesses, IVDD, eye issues, and inherited illnesses;
- Chronic Illnesses: diabetes, cancer, asthma;
- Cancer: ASPCA covers the needed cancer treatments;
- Scanning & Tests: ultrasounds, bloodwork, lab work, MRIs, and other tests and lab examinations;
- Therapy types: rehabilitation and chiropractic treatment;
- Preventive behavioral interventions: destructive chewing, pacing, licking, fur pulling, separation;
- Med prescriptions – only if prescribed by a vet;
- Microchip implants.
ASPCA tops the complete coverage with a Wellness plan that is super convenient for young pet parents or pets under 2 years of age. It covers all their vet check-ups and common pet vaccines required in the pet’s first years of life.
ASPCA’s pricing side is more attractive for pet parents because it is fully customizable.
They can arrange a deductible from $100, $250, or $500, with a reimbursement rate starting from 70%, 80%, and 90%. As for their annual benefit limit, it begins with $3,000 and moves on to $4,000, $5,000, $7,000, and $10,000.
Figo Pet Insurance in Utah belongs to the affordable corner thanks to the convenient plans and competitive monthly fees. Read on to learn what makes Fio one of the best pet insurance policies in Utah.
- No vet networks, so you can stick with your preferred vet
- Great feedback from real users
- 24/7 customer support
- Discontent regarding their ultimate plan;
- Age limits for senior cats and dogs;
- Not a fully transparent site;
Plans & Coverage
Figo pet insurance Utah users have three different plans on the table: Essential, Preferred, and Ultimate.
Each of these plans offers the same coverage regardless of the label. The difference arises in terms of the annual caps. Therefore, the Essential Plan is capped at $5,000, the Preferred plan is capped at $10,000 annually, and the Ultimate Plan is unlimited.
Each plan comes with the following coverage plans:
- Accidents & Illnesses: All the possible accidents and undiagnosed illnesses your pet may undergo;
- Hereditary and congenital conditions: Ailments or conditions inherited by their parents;
- Hospitalization: Prudent Pet covers all essential tests, lab works, examinations, or other follow-ups of a covered illness as per the arranged plan;
- Chronic conditions: Asthma, heart diseases, kidney failure, advanced treatments like CyberKnife, and radiosurgery.
Figo Pet Insurance in Utah leaves the Wellness Plan as an option you can add to the already chosen plan. This Wellness Plan covers relevant vaccinations and vet check-ups during the first two years of your pet’s life. It is also for elder pets as you can take your pet to the vet for a test without worrying about the vet bills.
In terms of prices, Figo offers deductibles from $100-$1,500, with reimbursement rates starting from 70% to 100%.
FAQ: Pet Insurance in Utah
How much is pet insurance in Utah?
Pet Insurance Utah costs vary from one provider to another. The monthly costs will be determined according to the pet’s breed, type, and age. Reimbursement rates, deductibles, and annual limits – if any – can all affect the cost. Roughly, pet insurance for dogs Utah costs around $40, and around $12 for cats.
What is the cheapest insurance for a dog in Utah?
The cheapest pet insurance for dogs in Utah is Embrace a price of $25.25 monthly. The second most affordable provider is Figo, with a cost of $31.13 monthly.