The many seasonal festivals happening all over Phoenix make Arizona a top-notch place to live or visit with your furry companions. Whenever you choose to visit the Desert State, packing nice pet insurance is a good idea.
While some pet parents can afford to cover vet bills out of pocket, for most of us it’s good to have a financial relief policy to rely on in case of an emergency. Vet care coverage is also great because it can take care of preventive treatments and routine care with optional add-ons, therefore helping you keep your dog or cat happy and fit.
If you’re hesitant about which Arizona pet insurance provider to choose, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will give you a thorough insight into the top-rated insurer companies and the features they offer to pet owners living in the State of the Big Ditch.
- With an annual coverage limit of $100,000, Lemonade ranks among the best pet insurance solutions in the Baby State
- The two-day waiting period for accidents is shorter than that of most competitors
- Owners of kittens and puppies under 2 years old can get extra preventive care coverage in Arizona
- Behavioral treatments are excluded from Lemonade’s insurance policy
- This provider requires medical exam records from the past year for a pet to stay eligible for coverage
Plans & Coverage
Lemonade’s accident and illness coverage plan include a variety of diagnostic tests, procedures, and treatments addressing pets’ injuries, sprain, broken bones, congenital or hereditary conditions, etc.
For a more detailed approach to vet care coverage, pet owners in the land of the Yuma Desert can choose between the elective add-ons offered by this provider – one add-on for vet visit fees coverage and another one for preventive care that comes at two coverage levels.
The cheaper preventive care coverage add-on includes three vaccination, a wellness exam, blood work, a fecal test, and a heartworm exam, whereas the more expensive one also covers dental cleaning expenses and costs for flea, tick, and heartworm medications.
Like most Arizona pet insurance providers, Lemonade excludes pre-existing conditions, elective procedures, and behavioral treatment.
The attractive deductible options and the unique Healthy Pet Deductible benefit make Embrace one of the best pet insurance options whether you live in the barrio or the countryside.
- Embrace offers an option for annual payment that allows Arizonans to save $12 on the monthly premium quote
- This company’s waiting period of 2 days stands out from most pet insurance providers’ standards in terms of the waiting period in case of accidents (14-15 days)
- Military veterans pet owners in the great state of Arizona can get a 5% discount
- Embrace’s policy has an annual limit of $30,000
- Preventive care coverage is more expensive than that of many other providers
Plans & Coverage
Embrace offers an Accident and Illness plan that includes broken bones, dental injury, hip dysplasia, arthritis, diabetes, etc.
Depending on your pets’ specific needs, you can also opt for a Wellness Rewards Plan priced at $250, $450, or $650 per year for extra monthly coverage ranging from $18 to $52. This Arizona pet insurance provider also offers 100% reimbursement for routine care, such as vaccinations, microchipping, spay or neuter surgery, and prescription diet foods.
This company’s insurance policy excludes elective procedures as well as pre-existing conditions or conditions that arise during the waiting period (two days for accidents and 14 days for illnesses).
Healthy Paws is an acclaimed pet insurance provider that offers accident and illness coverage at affordable prices and with no annual or lifetime coverage limits.
- Payouts are generally fast in comparison to some competitors and occur within two days of submitting a claim
- Coverage plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Healthy Paws also takes care of alternative treatments like chiropractic care and acupuncture
- Unlike some of its competitors, Healthy Paws excludes behavior treatments and doesn’t have any add-on options for preventative care coverage
- The hip dysplasia waiting period (12 months) is too long
Plans & Coverage
Healthy Paws has one comprehensive accident and illness insurance policy that offers unlimited coverage for diagnostic tests, prescription medications, emergency care, hospitalization, cancer treatment, etc for the rambunctious pets of Arizona. Preventive vet care is excluded as well as any expenses related to pre-existing conditions, spay or neuter surgery, and exam fees.
This provider’s insurance plans are less flexible compared to many of its competitors. They only offer an unlimited coverage option with fewer deductibles and reimbursement rates that depend on your pet’s age.
For example, owners of pets above 6 years of age get to pay lower monthly premium quotes at Healthy Paws compared to other Arizona pet insurance providers. However, there are no customization options for the reimbursement rates or deductibles – deductibles are usually fixed at $750 to $1,000 and reimbursement ranges from 50% to 70%.
What makes Prudent Pet one of the solutions for the best pet insurance in Cacti Land is the comprehensive Ultimate Plan they offer. This policy includes expenses for lost-pet advertisements and rewards, vacation cancellation costs due to a pet’s illness, and more.
- The monthly premium quote for Prudent Pet’s accident-only plan is lower than that of other providers
- The company offers 24/7 vet support via online chat for pet parents in Arizona
- Owners of multiple pets can get a 10% discount
- There is no option for pet owners to customize their annual coverage limits
- Customers are required to pay additional costs for vet visit fees
Plans & Coverage
Prudent Pet has three insurance policy options: Accident-Only plan (for bite wounds, broken bones, or ingested foreign objects), Essential plan (for accidents and illnesses such as cancer, hip dysplasia, congenital and hereditary conditions, etc.), and Ultimate Plan (which covers additional procedures and treatments with no annual limits).
As part of the Ultimate plan, Prudent Pet also covers replacement costs for stray or stolen pets, advertisements and rewards for lost pets, vacation cancellation fees, and boarding fees.
Pre-existing conditions, pregnancy and breeding issues, and cosmetic procedures are excluded. However, there are three add-on options for preventive care coverage.
As a veteran provider in the pet insurance industry that connects customers to trustworthy local vets and covers microchipping, ASPCA is a great option for pet insurance in Arizona.
- ASPCA doesn’t require medical exams for enrollment
- This insurer offers a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you aren’t satisfied with the chosen policy
- The waiting period for knee injuries is shorter than that of other insurance providers
- The options for filing claims online are limited
- Claim reimbursements don’t come with direct deposits
Plans & Coverage
In its essence, ASPCA has three coverage plans: an accident-only one, one that includes accidents and illnesses, and one for advanced care. Unlike some competitors, ASPCA’s advanced care plan covers microchipping.
With average monthly premium quotes of $29 for pet cats and $49 for pet dogs, ASPCA is a bit more expensive than other providers. On the other hand, this provider offers a 70%-90% reimbursement with low deductibles (from $100 to $500). The annual payouts are limited to only $10,000.
ASPCA policies come with a 30-day money-back guarantee that lets you decide if the policy satisfies your pet’s needs. The waiting period for all accidents and illnesses is 14 days.
As usual, pre-existing conditions are excluded as well as cosmetic dental care, breeding procedures, and experimental treatments.
Fetch by Dodo (Petplan)
Fetch by Dodo program stands out from its competition by including all kinds of therapy recommended by your vet, such as stem cell therapy, laser therapy, homeopathy, and more.
- Fetch byDodo doesn’t impose lifetime or per-condition limits
- This provider offers a Healthy Pet credit with a 15% discount for all users with a consecutive 12-month policy
- You get coverage for any trip with your pet in the United States or Canada
- Unlike many other insurers, Petplan doesn’t offer discounts to owners of multiple pets
- Annual health and dental check-ups are required for the pets to be eligible for coverage
Plans & Coverage
Fetch by Dodo offers a single comprehensive plan for both accidents and illnesses, which includes vet visit fees, treatments, and procedures. Additional costs like advertising and reward money for lost pets, vacation cancellation fees due to pet illness, and boarding fees for hospitalized owners unable to take care of their furry companions’ health are included.
While this insurer has an unlimited coverage option, it doesn’t offer any add-ons with additional features.
Some of the exclusions in Fetch’s insurance policy are pre-existing conditions, preventive care, and cosmetic procedures.
What makes Figo a great provider option for pet insurance in Spielberg’s native Arizona is mostly its Extra Care Pack which includes unique benefits, such as coverage for emergency boarding and third-party property damage liability.
- Figo’s waiting period for injuries (only one day) is shorter than the ones offered by most competitors in the Grand Canyon State
- This provider also offers a 100% reimbursement rate to maximize the coverage for pet owners
- The low deductible option of $100 provided by Figo also allows pet owners to avoid out-of-pocket expenses
- Behavioral treatments are excluded from Figo’s insurance policy
- This insurer requires pets to get annual vet checkups and dental exams in order to stay eligible for coverage
Plans & Coverage
Arizonans can choose from three main options for accident and illness coverage according to their needs, priced at $5,000, $10,000, and an unlimited annual plan.
This coverage includes vet bills related to pet accidents (bite wounds, broken bones, ingestion of foreign objects) and illnesses such as cancer, chronic conditions, and more. However, bear in mind that behavioral treatments are excluded, which is an unfavorable factor in comparison to other insurers.
The Extra Care Pack offers coverage for advertising and monetary rewards for lost pets, replacement costs for stolen pets, burial or cremation expenses, emergency boarding fees, vacation cancellation fees, and more. Figo’s annual reimbursement limit is $10,000.
In addition to that, Figo offers one add-on that covers vet visit fees and two add-ons with different coverage levels for pet wellness care.
How Much Is Pet Insurance in Arizona?
Affordable pet insurance in the Copper State comes at estimated monthly premium quotes between $20 and $100. However, several different factors can increase or decrease the price of your policy.
- Age – Insurance premium quotes are always higher for older pets, especially those over 6 years old. Naturally, older animals are prone to many illnesses and difficult recovery from accidents, which is why they require more expensive insurance.
- Species – In general, pet insurance is a more expensive investment for dog owners than cat owners, as dogs tend to get ill or injured more often and require more expensive treatment.
- Breed – Certain dog and cat breeds are more prone to various illnesses and therefore more expensive to insure. For example, when it comes to pet dogs, pet healthcare coverage in Arizona for golden retrievers is among the most expensive ones due to this breed’s susceptibility to hip dysplasia.
- Customization – Most pet insurance companies provide their customers with an option to customize their coverage plans and therefore create cheaper solutions.
FAQ: Pet Insurance in Arizona
Does pet insurance in Arizona provide immediate reimbursement?
No, it doesn’t. All Arizona pet insurance providers have policies with a particular waiting period before the coverage is officially available.
In most companies, this waiting period is around 14-15 days, but there are positive exceptions that offer shorter waiting periods for accident coverage, such as Lemonade and Embrace.
What do Arizona pet insurance policies exclude?
First of all, pet insurance policies don’t include pre-existing conditions or conditions that arise during the policy’s waiting period.
Secondly, most companies on the list don’t cover expenses related to elective procedures, pregnancy and breeding issues, and preventive care – unless there are special add-ons with these features.
Is Arizona pet insurance worth it?
The financial savings enabled by insurance policies definitely make them a worthy investment for all pet parents in the Apache State. According to a recent survey, 40% of pet owners in Arizona use their credit cards to cover unexpected vet care costs and 9% can’t afford to pay the emergency vet bills.
By purchasing a coverage plan from one of the acclaimed insurers mentioned in this article, you can put your furry companion’s health first without worrying about the expenses.