Every pet insurance company has its own benefits and particular policies that make it unique. And it’s up to you – the mere human – to spot those differences. Furr-tunately, we’re about to dive into all your pet-related worries and help you make the purr-fect decision!
For today’s meal, we have Trupanion vs Pets Best – yet another duel that puzzles clients when they need a backup for their little beastie’s lives.
Trupanion has a straightforward plan
Pets Best has a promising and reliable history.
Pets Best is a proactive company focused on changing the life course of animals for the better. Trupanion doesn’t stay behind either, incorporating prolific vets when constructing the pet’s insurance plans. Both these companies walk the extra mile to help their clients meet both ends when the vet bills arrive.
But, Trupanion or Pets Best – what’s better? That’s the question, and we’re here to answer it. Keep reading and find out more on both insurance policies that will help you bring a better decision.
Trupanion vs Pets Best:
Trupanion’s mission is to help both pets and pet parents. While most insurance companies cover for injuries or accidents, Trupanion Insurance offers a broader spectrum of coverage.
- Hereditary Issues – Trupanion covers illnesses pets can inherit like diabetes, elbow and hip dysplasia, upper respiratory infections, or thyroid disease.
- Unidentified Illnesses – Trupanion covers when the pet is under the weather and catches the flu or another illness that isn’t diagnosed yet. That’s vomiting, diarrhea, cough, or gain in weight.
- Congenital Conditions – Trupanion coverage includes heart flaws, issues with the nervous system, cataracts, or liver issues.
Pets Best Insurance Policy offers well-structured plans that can fit any pet parent’s budget.
Pets Best coverage:
- Accidents only – As the name implies, this plan covers accidents only. For example, if your dog breaks its leg or gets bitten by a snake, you’re covered. However, this plan won’t cover medications.
- Unidentified Illnesses – Pets Best covers chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes, and arthritis.
- Congenial Illnesses – Covers illnesses pets develop before birth.
- Surgeries & Hospitalization – Pets Best covers hospitalization costs, surgeries.
- Prescription Meds – Pets Best covers only certain meds.
- Traveling – Pets Best makes sure pets are safe on the go.
- Chronic Diseases – That includes pre-existing such as heart issues, asthma, diabetes.
- Dental Coverage – Covers dental issues or accidents.
- Prosthetic devices and wheelchairs – Pets Best covers for prosthetics if pets need them.
- Euthanasia – Pets Best includes euthanasia for humane reasons.
- Behavioral Conditions – Covers for medications regarding pet’s behavior only when transcribed by a licensed doctor.
- Routine Cares – Additionally to the insurance, Pets Best offers wellness programs.
Surgeries & Hospitalization
Prosthetic devices and wheelchairs
Trupanion vs Pets Best: Claim Repayment
The Trupanion claims cover goes two ways. One is Direct Vet Pay, and the other is Easy Reimbursement. With the first option, clients pay their share, and the insurance covers the rest. With this plan, Trupanion will have you covered by the time you head home.
Trupanion Easy Reimbursement is slower than Direct Pay but still effective. The expert team that filters the claims goes for around 60% in a day. The Trupanion waiting period is usually a day or two, but it can take up to 5 working days. Once they finish everything, Trupanion will inform you that the bill is clear.
Pets Best also offers Direct Vet Pay. To use this option, you must go to the Customer Account and sign up for Direct Pay. However, if you don’t use this option, Pets Best will cover your expenses for 5-7 days.
Pets Best and Trupanion Insurance Plan Customization
The Trupanion deductibles are a customized and adjustable component of the cost that allows you to provide the finest treatment for your pet while staying within your budget. Medical insurance also assures you that your pet is protected for the rest of their life. Your doggos are members of your family, and they need coverage that will last a lifetime.
Pets Best offers a customizable plan option. That’s Pets Best customizable yearly caps, annual deductibles, and reimbursement rates of 70%, 80%, or 90%. Most dog medical insurance policies also cover accident and sickness screening expenses charged by a vet, even when it’s solely for examining your dog.
Both these features make the entire program more bearable. But, besides the customizable deduction, clients can add covers to their original plan until they tailor the perfect insurance module.
Trupanion Insurance Policy allows additions like wellness programs to the original contract. Additionally, these policies cost, but mind that they are well-versed nutrition programs by dedicated vets.
Trupanion vs Pets Best: Customer Service & Reputation
Trupanion is one of the best insurance policies because they keep pets’ needs in mind and fulfill the client’s financial budget; hence, the 90% coverage. For this reason, Trupanion steals the spotlight when clients need a better plan.
Pets Best is a mission-driven company that mindfully cares about the pet’s treatments and coverage. Pets Best is involved in society in many ways possible. The team behind the company attended many animal rescues, charities, and other social events that raised awareness regarding animals.
To become part of Pets Best sky, you can contact them via email, fax, or simply dial 1- 877-738-7237 and get the insurance. The lines are open every day from 6 AM – 7 PM Monday through Friday and 6 AM – 2 PM on Saturdays.
Trupanion vs Pets Best: Price of Policy
Trupanion has one sample policy designed by vets furr-miliar with pet’s life liabilities.
As for the price, it can change with the specifications you name in the claim. But, roughly speaking, the Sample Premium price for Trupanion Dog Insurance is $63.61, whereas the cat’s Sample Premium is $28.06 monthly.
Generally, the costs for dogs are higher than for cats because, after all – dogs are clumsy creatures and require pet visits more often.
Also, each feature you add has an additional cost. For example, Pets Best’s accidents only program costs $5, but others cost way more than that. With every cover you want to add – the cost increases.
But, on average, clients spend $18.80 for dogs and $11.13 for adult cats.
Trupanion Pet Insurance
Pets Best Pet Insurance
70%, 80%, or 90%
$50, $100, $200, $250, $500, or $1,000
Unlimited Annual Limit
Unlimited Annual Limit
Waiting Period: 5 days to 30 days
Waiting Period: 5 days- 7 days
Dogs insurance: $63.61
Dogs insurance: $18.80
Cat insurance: $11.13
Cost per month: $59-$68
Cost per month: $25-$43
Both insurance companies satisfy the criteria for convenient coverage. As you’ve probably noticed, Pets Best seem to have several more points in the coverage plan.
However, Pets Best’s features address pets with special needs. If you have a pet of that kind, then you might need to reread the Pets Best plan again. Maybe you’ll find the perfect coverage there. Otherwise, Trupanion doesn’t only see puppies and kitties grow to old age, but it creates a convenient climate for your pocket.
Finally, online testimonials are mostly positive for both companies. However, Trupanion stole our attention, as many pet owners rely on their policy for over a decade.