A great number of insurance companies have decided to expand the products that they offer and include pet insurance as well. We are sure many of you animal lovers are thrilled that this option is now available.
Want to jump straight to the answer?
Lemonade Pet Insurance is Best Choice for:
- Affordability: Lemonade is described as one of the most affordable providers, making it a great option for pet owners looking for lower-than-average monthly premiums.
- Customizable Plans: Lemonade offers customizable plans, allowing pet owners to tailor their coverage to meet their specific needs. They also provide a selection of policy add-ons that can supplement coverage for a low cost.
- Wide Range of Coverage: Lemonade’s pet insurance plans cover accidents and illnesses, including chronic and hereditary conditions. They also offer preventative care options, which can be beneficial for pet owners who want coverage for routine care and wellness.
Lemonade may not be the ideal choice for:
- Age Limit Restrictions: Lemonade has varying age limit restrictions based on the breed of the pet. If you have an older pet that’s considered a higher-risk breed, it may not be eligible for coverage with Lemonade. In such cases, pet insurance companies that offer policies without age restrictions, like Embrace or ASPCA Pet Health Insurance, may be a better choice.
- Breed-Specific Restrictions: Lemonade may have restrictions based on the breed of the pet, particularly for older pets. If you have a pet that falls into a breed category with limitations, it may not be an ideal choice.
- Complete Veterinary Records: Lemonade requires complete records from a recent veterinary exam for your pet to qualify for coverage. If you don’t have access to complete records or if your pet has preexisting conditions, Lemonade may not be suitable.
Every pet owner knows how difficult it is to deal with unexpected and unwanted medical problems their beloved pet may have. Even one visit to the vet may cost more than you can afford. That’s why pet insurance will give you peace of mind, and you won’t have to worry about affording the cost of your cat or dog’s health care.
One of the best-ranked pet insurances nowadays is Lemonade Pet Insurance. In this review, we will give you details of the most important things you need to know about it if you are wondering whether to get it.
|Policy Name||Coverage||Cost||Benefits||Claims Process||Overall Rating|
|Lemonade Pet Insurance||Accidents and illnesses||$12-$35/month*||
||Fast and easy online claims process||4.8/5|
|*Prices vary based on breed, age, and location. Lemonade also offers discounts for insuring multiple pets or paying annually.|
About Lemonade Pet Insurance
Lemonade as an insurance company was first introduced in 2015 and has since acquired a reputation for its renters, homeowners, and pet insurance products. It has a compassionate business strategy, contributing up to 40% of unused premiums to animal welfare organizations and other charities selected by customers.
Lemonade stands out among other pet insurance companies for its comprehensive accident and illness coverage, remarkable preventative care options, inexpensive pricing, and unique artificial intelligence (AI) technology for processing claims.
As one of America’s best-rated pet insurances, the Lemonade app is available for download at Google Play Store and Apple App Store, where it has even 4.9 stars from satisfied customers.
Benefits That Lemonade Pet Insurance Offers
Based on their high ratings, it’s clear that Lemonade pet insurance has many advantages to offer compared to other health insurance companies. We are listing a few of the best benefits your loving pet is eligible to get. The price of this insurance starts at 10$ per month, which could be quite a tempting deal.
Pets, or more specifically cats and dogs under the age of 2 can get extra preventative care treatments if you opt for the puppy/kitten preventative care package. So, if you are a new dog or cat parent, you better hurry up and don’t miss this exceptional opportunity.
Unlike most pet insurance companies, Lemonade offers a 2 day waiting period for any kind of accident. This means that if your pet has an accident two days after your policy’s start date, you are able to submit a claim and get reimbursed for some of the vet costs.
Also, if you by any chance already have Lemonade homeowners or renters insurance, the company provides a 10% discount when you bundle your pet insurance. If you want to save some extra money, the insurance offers a 5% discount if you insure more than one pet and an annual extra 5% discount if you pay annually (vs. monthly).
Lemonade Pet Insurance Plans and Coverage
Lemonade’s regular pet insurance plan covers a great number of conditions. Your policy will cover 70%, 80%, or 90%, depending on which reimbursement you got, and you can select an annual limit between $5,000 and up to $100,000. Additionally, every year you can choose between an annual deductible of $100, $250 or $500 for illness and accidents.
The most common conditions that are covered by the insurance include:
- Different kinds of injuries
- New diseases
- Broken bones
- Heart diseases
- Skin issues
- Hip dysplasia
The health insurance also covers expenses such as hospitalization period, diagnostics, lab work, surgeries, or emergency treatment your pet may need as a result of an unexpected illness or injury. With this comes prescription medicine, along with injections associated with those incidences or conditions. In regard to diagnostics, the coverage is eligible for:
- X- Rays
- Blood tests and urinalysis
- MRIs and CT scans
Additionally, you can check the currently popular preventative plans and packages that Lemonade Pet Insurance offers, and therefore save money:
- Annual wellness exam
- Fecal or internal parasite test
- Vaccines (3)
- Heartworm test
- Blood test
- Medical advice chat
Preventative package (pets over 2 years old):
- Everything that’s included in the Preventative package above, as well as:
- Flea/tick or heartworm medication
- Routine dental cleaning
Puppy/kitten preventative package (pets under 2 years old):
- Wellness exams (2)
- Fecal or internal parasite tests (2)
- Vaccines (6)
- Heartworm test
- Blood test
- Flea/tick or heartworm medication
What Isn’t Included in the Coverage?
Of course, there are some expenses that Lemonade Pet Insurance has excluded. Pre-existing injuries, diseases, or any sort of conditions that existed prior to the policy’s start date or during the waiting period are not covered.
Any health issues your pet had shown signs of before you purchased your policy will be considered pre-existing conditions and won’t be eligible for coverage.
Any sort of dental illness treatment for pets under the age of 2 is not covered. However, if a tooth injury is caused by an accident after your waiting period is over, you get coverage of tooth extraction and reconstruction costs.
Situations that could have been avoided are also not covered. Any injuries or illnesses caused by carelessness or neglect of the pet won’t be covered, so you better take good care of your dear pet.
For those pet parents that have more than one cat or dog, keep in mind that the pet insurance is eligible only for the particular pet you registered. So, the policy can’t be transferred to another pet. Each policy covers one specific pet.
Lemonade Pet Insurance Terms and Conditions
Make sure you read the Terms and Conditions carefully before buying the insurance, just in case. Within 180 days following treatment, you will need to fill in a claim and supply all relevant information and evidence.
Lemonade may not be able to settle your claim if they don’t have your pet’s medical documents from a visit that took place within 12 months before your policy’s start date. Medical records must be submitted within 14 days after the policy’s start date..
Lemonade Pet Insurance Alternatives
To find the best Lemonade Pet Insurance alternative for you, it’s important to compare the plans offered by different companies.
Consider your budget, your pet’s age and health needs, and the type of coverage you’re looking for. You can also read reviews of different pet insurance companies to get a better sense of their customer service and claims process.
Lemonade Pet Insurance alternatives:
- Embrace Pet Insurance
- Figo Pet Insurance
- Healthy Paws Pet Insurance
- MetLife Pet Insurance
- Pets Best Pet Insurance
- Pumpkin Pet Insurance
- Spot Pet Insurance
- Trupanion Pet Insurance
- ASPCA Pet Insurance
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
These companies offer a variety of pet insurance plans with different coverage levels and premiums. Some companies also offer additional benefits, such as wellness coverage, multiple pet discounts, and pre-existing condition coverage.