Although already known as the home of Amazon, Microsoft and the birthplace of Starbucks, Washington State also counts around 0.63% of households who own pets.
Renowned for its evergreen nature, makes the state convenient for every type of pet! However, this region is also a life hazard for home pets that can be often exposed to coyote attacks, toxic herb poisoning, and even earthquakes, which might also pose a physical or emotional trauma to your pup and kitten.
For this very reason, getting adequate pet insurance in Washington State is a must.
And, to help you choose wisely, we made a list of the best pet insurance in Washington State in 2023.
According to recent studies, Lemonade is the favorite pet insurance company in Washington State. Thanks to its fast response teams and carefully crafted insurance plans, Lemonade has become the top-rated Washington state pet insurance option.
- Affordable plans
- Has a convenient coverage limit of $100,000 annually
- Short waiting period for accidents
- Behavioral therapies aren’t included in the plans
- Dental treatments are off the table
Plans & Coverage
Lemonade offers a customizable plan system. The basic plan includes accidents and illnesses coverage, so check out what’s everything covered in this plan:
- Accidents: poisoning, infection, broken bones, and other injuries
- Undiagnosed Illnesses: Vomiting, diarrhea
- Congenital conditions: Asthma, elbow or hip dysplasia, allergies
- Hereditary conditions:
- Chronic diseases: heart diseases,
On top of the basic plan, procedures, treatments, and other costs are also covered by Lemonade. Here’s the total coverage plan:
- Screenings and Tests: X-rays, ultrasounds, blood tests, lab tests, CT Scans.
- Hospitalization: surgery, outpatient, hospital needs, and special care
- Therapy: Physical therapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture
- Medicine: Prescription
- Vet Visit fees: exam fees
Additionally, Lemonade introduces preventative care. This policy is recommended for first-time pet parents because it will guide them on how to raise their dogs. Preventative care prevents more issues that can occur without proper care.
Moreover, preventative care offers coverage of 70%, 80%, or 90% of the bills related to routine care, depending on the reimbursement rate you select. Last but not least, you can choose the premium coverage plan, which includes the basic plan, preventative care, and the following additions:
- Dental cleaning
- Medicine: fleas, tick, or heartworm
- Vaccinations for puppies and kittens under 2 years old.
Embrace is one of the most reputable pet insurance companies recognized by Forbes, USA Today, and more. With outstanding comprehensible plans, Embrace earned 5th place among the best pet insurance companies in Washington.
- Convenient Affordable pricing plans
- Excellent coverage
- Deductible goes down if you don’t make a claim the entire year
- Prescription food or supplements aren’t covered.
- Premium plans are too much
- Customer support is available only during working hours
Plans & Coverage
Embrace leaves its competitors behind by including several coverage plans.
So, let’s check out the entire list:
- Accidents: injuries, ingestion, poisoning
- Dental Illnesses
- Behavioral Therapy: separation therapy
- Illness: diarrhea, nausea, fevers
- Specialty Care: elbow or hyp dysplasia
- Chronic Conditions: heart conditions, kidney illnesses
- Breed-Specific & Genetic Conditions: any condition inherited by mama or papa
As for insurance costs, Embrace is super flexible. The deductibles aren’t fixed, and they reduce to 0 if you haven’t made a claim the entire year. The reimbursement is regulated through Direct Vet pay, which is lightning-fast.
However, average dog insurance costs $30 to $40, whereas for cats $10-$20. The age, breed, and pet type can affect the price.
Healthy Paws began its story as a shelter that helped stray and sick animals. Initially, Healthy Paws was a non-profit organization, but as of recent, it has also become an insurance company helping pet parents with their fluffy members. Undoubtedly, Healthy Paws falls among the top pet insurance in Washington state.
- No annual coverage limits
- Fast claim procession
- Option for direct vet payments
- No wellness coverage
- Examinations are off the table
- Behavioral therapy isn’t included
Plans & Coverage
Healthy Paws has only one coverage plan that includes the basics and advanced coverage quotes. Check out the plan in detail:
- Accidents and Illnesses: poisoning, fractures, predator accidents, etc.
- Hereditary & Congenital Conditions: Elbow Dysplasia, Cherry Eye, Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD). Follow-up tests, scans, and x-rays are also included.
- Chronic Conditions: Asthma, allergies, diabetes, obesity, dry eyes, glaucoma, hypothyroidism, arthritis, chronic upper respiratory issues, lower urinary tract diseases, herpes, hyperthyroidism, kidney disease.
- Cancer: chemotherapy, radiation therapy, lab tests, ultrasounds, x-ray, surgery, diagnostics, med prescriptions, alternative therapy, rehabilitation.
- Emergency and Specialty Care: orthopedic specialists, oncologists for cancer treatments, neurology, cardiology, ophthalmology, internal medicine, critical care, etc.
- Alternative care: acupuncture, chiropractic, hydrotherapy, laser therapy, massage, veterinary herbal therapy, homeotherapy.
Healthy Paws doesn’t limit the annual coverage, and it offers reimbursement from 70%, 80%, and 90%. The insurance costs, on the other hand, are determined according to the pet’s age, type, and breed.
But, for an elder dog, you’ll have to pay $40, as for a cat around $12.
Prudent Pet appeared on the insurance market in 2018. Thanks to its trendy coverage plans, they managed to break through the competition and find their place on the best pet insurance companies in Washington state.
- 60% of claims are processed within a day
- No limits for old pets
- 10% multi-pet discount
- Expensive coverage for premium programs
- 5-day waiting period for accidents
- Not mobile-friendly which prevents you to act on the spot in case of an accident
Plans & Coverage
Prudent Pet Insurance steals the attention across Washington pet insurance forums, thanks to their pet and budget-friendly coverage plans.
- Basic Plan: This plan covers accidents and illnesses. Essentially, this plan is similar to others as it covers predator wounds, poisoning, med prescription, radiology and diagnostics, surgery, special care, swallowed objects, and fractures.
- Essential Plan: the essential plan includes the basic plan, but also expands to chronic, hereditary, and congenital conditions. However, unlike other pet insurance companies in Washington, Prudent Pet covers birth defects and abnormalities apart from the illnesses your pet inherits. Moreover, any eye, ear, or skin infection, as well as urinary infection or hip dysplasia will be covered.
- Ultimate Plan: This plan includes both the basic and the essential but it covers advertising and rewards for stolen pets, boarding fees, and compensation for theft or stray. But, more interestingly, Prudent Pet covers vacay cancellation if a pet must stay at home due to a sickness or injury.
The benefits of Prudent Pet continue on the reimbursement and deduction note. Prudent Pet includes several deductible options for pet parents beginning with $100, then $250, $500, and $1,000.
Regarding the annual limit plan, Prudent Pet insurance caps the Basic and Essential plan at up to $10,000 while the Ultimate plan is unlimited.
Lastly, Prudent Pet is super convenient when it comes to customizing the reimbursement options as clients can choose between 70%, 80%, or 90%.
Prudent Pet insurance offers a 10% multi-pet discount for future pet insurance. But, Prudent Pet includes referral bonuses – $15 Amazon gift cards – for any pet parent you include in the insurance plan.
The reason we chose ASPCA for Washington pet insurance is because of their long-standing experience in the business, hence the affordable and comprehensive plans.
- Alternative therapies treating behavioral issues
- Pre-existing condition coverage for 9-month symptom-free
- Fully customizable and versatile plans
- Long claim process up to a month
- Scarce dental coverage unlike other pet insurance competitors
- Annual caps up to $10,000
Plans & Coverage
ASPCA offers two coverage plans: Accidents Only & Complete Coverage.
The Accidents Only plan covers injuries or other life perils like snake bites, or coyotes attacks – since we’re speaking of Washington State – as well as ingestion and poisoning.
As for ASPCA’s Pet Health Insurance Complete Coverage plan, it’s comprehensive as it includes accidents and illnesses.
With this plan, you are covered with:
- Accidents: fractures, torn ligaments, predator attacks, poisoning, ingestion
- Undefined Illnesses: digestive issues, ear infections, urinary infections, hypothyroidism
- Test & Lab Examinations: ultrasounds, MRIs, bloodwork
- Hereditary conditions: intervertebral disc disease (IVDD), eye disorder, heart diseases, and hip or elbow dysplasia.
- Therapies: chiropractic care, rehab
- Chronic conditions: Cancer and diabetes
- Behavioral therapies preventing: pacing, fur pulling, licking, destructive chewing
- Med Prescription
- Microchip implantation
As an optional plan, ASPCA offers Wellness care. Wellness care is more recommended for young pets as it includes all needed vaccinations, flea and tick medications, and dental cleanings.
On a pricing note, ASPCA is super versatile and adjustable. For example, you can adjust the annual pricing cap up to:
Moreover, the deductibles are much more limited and there are three options: $100, $250, and $500.
Lastly, the reimbursement offers coverage of 70%, 80%, or. 90%.
Fetch by Dodo (Petplan)
Fetch by Dodo has 40+ years of experience in the pet insurance business, covering over 1.3 million pets. Unlike other pet insurance companies, Fetch by Dodo offers coverage for rabbits, too, especially in Washington State, where these exotic pets can thrive.
- Flexible plans
- Lots of discounts
- Fast claim processing
- Dissatisfaction with the premium plans
- As part of Fetch’s policy, you’ll have to do regular dental and health check-ups which won’t be covered by the insurance
- To get the coverage you’ll have to take your pet to a vet within 48 hours after an illness or injury.
Plans & Coverage
Fetch by Dodo offers a few plans based on the annual cap. However, each plan offers a comprehensive number of policies, so check them out:
- Accidents & Illnesses
- Hereditary & Congenital Conditions
- Chronic conditions
- Med Prescription
- Alternative Therapies
- Behavioral Therapies
The policies of $15,000 or more, offer additional premium coverage that includes:
- Travel reimbursement: coverage for any injury, accident, or illness during a vacation.
- Advertisement and reward: Fetch by Dodo covers for ads or reward payments for stolen pets.
- Cost of boarding: Fetch by Dodo covers in case your pet needs a place to stay due to injury or sickness.
- Lost pet reimbursement: Fetch by Dodo offers reimbursement for a stolen or lost pet that remains unfound.
As for the pricing, Fetch by Dodo has benefit limits of $5,000, $10,000, $15,000, $20,000, $25,000, or unlimited. In terms of reimbursement, Fetch covers 70%, 80%, or 90% depending on which option you’ll choose. As for the deductible, they vary from $250 – $1,000. It is up to your choice to customize the pricing plan.
Figo is one of the best pet insurance companies in Washington. However, it’s important to mention that Figo includes different quotes for each state in the US.
Read on the check how Washington state can benefit from Figo Pet Insurance.
- Reimbursements of up to 100%
- Open chain of vets
- Fully customizable plans
- Premiums rise along with the age of your insured pet
- Might charge an administration fee
- A bit unclear pricing information
Plans & Coverage
Figo Pet Insurance offers three plans: Essential, Preferred, and Ultimate. The difference in these plans isn’t in the coverage but the annual limits.
- Essential Plan: $5,000
- Preferred Plan: $10,000
- Ultimate Plan: Unlimited
Otherwise, check out what Figo Pet Insurance covers:
- Emergency Services: coverage in case of an illness or injury
- Hospitalization: coverage for all the essential tests, examinations, or X-rays considered by your vet
- Hereditary and congenital conditions: coverage of illness or condition your pup inherits from their parents
- Chronic Conditions: Coverage for any chronic condition like heart disease, kidney failure, asthma, and the like. Also, Figo includes advanced treatments like CyberKnife and radiosurgery.
Apart from these fixed coverage points, you can add the Wellness Program if you need it. The Wellness Program includes nutritional plans, vaccines, worm treatments, etc. Basically, this plan is most convenient for pups or kitties, as it takes to care for all the needed treatments for that age.
However, the wellness plan may be open for Washington, but not for every state in the US.
As for the pricing, Figo is fully customizable, so pet parents can choose their optimal plan according to their budget.
Therefore, the deductibles vary from $100 to $1,500. The annual caps are $5,000 for the Essential plan, $10,000 for the Preferrable, and unlimited caps for the Ultimate plan. Lastly, the reimbursement rate varies from 70% to 100% rate.
Figo found its place on the list for best pet insurance Washington State providers of 2023 because of its fully customizable plans – a much-needed open option during a post-pandemic economic crisis.
FAQ: Pet Insurance in Washington State
How much is Pet Insurance in Washington State?
Evidently, the most reliable pet insurance in pet insurance Washington State has customizable plans. We handpicked several world-known insurance companies to help you navigate through trustworthy insurance policies.