According to stats, 62.8% of households in Kansas own a pet and 43.1% of Kanas households own a dog. This means Kansas is a pet-friendly state and all those pets are in dire need of pet insurance.
From tornados during autumn to hellish heat waves during summer and illnesses of various sorts can all affect a pet’s health, hence the need to get them insured. However, choosing a suitable insurance provider can put you in a pickle of options.
For that reason, we’ve made a list of the best pet insurance Kansas City KS providers and those offering the service across the entire state.
Lemonade collects much positive feedback on famous forums. However, the key reason to include this insurance company in our pet insurance Kansas list was their score of 96/100.
- A 2-day waiting period for an accident
- Choosing Lemonade pet insurance gives you a 10% discount on home insurance
- Additional and optional preventative care for pets under 2 years.
- The pet must have full records from a recent veterinarian exam to make a claim
- Elder dog limitations
- Dental treatments aren’t included
Plans & Coverage
Lemonade has only one plan that covers the most important and expectant health hazards in Kansas, and as they age. Here’s what’s included:
- Accidents: fractures, infections, poisoning, and other accidents.
- Congenital & Hereditary conditions: asthma, elbow, or hip dysplasia, allergies, or any other illnesses they get born with
- Common Illnesses: nausea, diarrhea, vomiting
- Chronic diseases: heart diseases, kidney failures, cancer, the list goes on.
Aside from using the starter plan, you can also add other coverage if your pet is with special needs, namely:
- Hospitalization: surgeries, special care, outpatient, hospital needs
- Tests and Screenings: Blood tests, lab work, CT Scans, X-rays, ultrasounds, and all tests required for treating illness or injury
- Therapy: Physical therapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture
- Med Prescription: Only if prescribed by vets
- Vet visit fees: exam fees
On top of all options, Lemonade also includes a preventative plan. This plan covers vaccines, vet check-ups, among other treatments, that can save you lots of money had you go raw.
If you want full coverage, you can opt for the premium coverage plan.
Moreover, Lemonde includes reimbursements of 70%, 80%, or 90%.
Embrace scores 9/10 in customer satisfaction for their offered pet insurance, which puts it among the most suitable providers in Kansas for 2023.
Flexible plans, affordable prices, and the freedom to choose a vet – these are some of the factors that make Embrace the best pet insurance company in Kansas.
- Diminishing deductibles – not filing for a year extracts $50 of the initial deductible
- Vet visits for check-ups are covered in case of an injury or accident
- Fast waiting period for accidents
- Hidden fees
- Deductibles hardly reach $0
- The wellness care is capped at $650 annually.
Plans & Coverage
Embraces cover a rich specter of life hazards. Here’s what their plan looks like:
- Accidents and illnesses: any injury, accident, poisoning, predator attack
- Random sickness: fever, cold, nausea, diarrhea, heat strokes
- Chronic Illnesses: cardiac diseases, kidney failures, asthma, cancer
- Specialty care: elbow or hip dysplasia
- Preventable conditions: Lyme disease, parasites, parvo
- Dental Accidents and Illnesses: Embrace covers dental illnesses and accidents up to $1,000
- Follow-ups: Embrace provides coverage for any treatment following a covered illness or injury under your plan. This can include surgery, medications, examinations, and scans, among other things.
- Breed-specific & Genetic conditions: any illness inherited is covered isn’t a pre-existing condition
- Behavioral Therapy: separation therapy
In terms of the costs of their services, Embrace offers flexible deductibles that reduce by $50 if you don’t make a claim throughout the year.
To save more money, you can set a 90% reimbursement, and here you can make use of Direct Vet Pay, so all money will load on your way home.
Healthy Paws are one of the main animal rights pioneers as they were previously a non-profit organization that helped pet parents financially, and assisted pet shelters in taking proper care of their animals.
Luckily, they partnered with Aon Corporation, and nowadays, they are a pet insurance company that continues to help pet parents with much more convenient plans than before.
- 30-day refunds guarantee.
- Over 12 years of experience in the business
- Covers alternative and chiropractic therapies
- It can take a year for hip dysplasia therapies claims to process
- Vet examination fees aren’t covered
- Wellness or preventative care aren’t covered.
Plans & Coverage
There’s a single coverage plan at Healthy Paws, but well-structured with all pet’s needs:
- Accidents & Illnesses: broken bones, poisoning, snake bites, predator attacks.
- Hereditary & Congenital Conditions: Hip and Elbow Dysplasia, Intervertebral Disc Disease, Cherry Eye, tests, scans, and X-rays.
- Chronic Conditions: diabetes, obesity, arthritis, upper chronic respiratory diseases, lower urinary tract diseases, kidney failures, glaucoma, hypothyroidism, allergies, herpes.
- Alternative care: chiropractic, hydrotherapy, laser therapy, massage, acupuncture, veterinary herbal therapy, homeotherapy.
- Cancer: chemotherapy, lab tests, surgery, diagnostics, med prescriptions, alternative therapy, radiation therapy, diagnostics, rehabilitation.
- Emergency & Specialty Care: neurology, cardiology, ophthalmology, internal medicine, critical care, oncologists for cancer treatments.
The costs for this plan aren’t fixed. Instead, they are determined according to the pet’s age, type, and breed.
In other words, an average adult dog’s insurance will be $40, and $12 for cats.
Healthy Paws doesn’t have annual limits, but it offers reimbursement of up to 90%.
Fetch by Dodo (Petplan)
In 2019, Petplan was acquired by Fetch by the Dodo pet insurance. The changes that happened within this company are only for the better. Let’s start with the pros and cons, and then move to the plans and coverage.
- No vet networks within the company
- Online vet visits
- Flexibility everywhere
- No discounts for insuring other pets
- Annual caps on coverage
- Preventative care isn’t covered
Plans & Coverage
Fetch by Dodo offers a single plan and offers a level of flexibility in terms of pricing. To avoid repetition, Fetch covers all the illnesses and treatments like other insurance policies.
- Accidents & Illnesses
- Hereditary & Congenital Conditions
- Chronic conditions
- Med Prescription
- Alternative Therapies
- Behavioral Therapies
As one of the best pet insurance in Kansas City providers, Petplan offers several annual caps you can choose from:
The first two options are part of the basic coverage but any plan of a $15,000 annual cap or more, gets you:
- Lost Pet reimbursement: Any lost insured pet gets reimbursement
- Travel reimbursement: Petplan covers for accidents and illnesses over a vacation.
- Cost of boarding: If a pet gets sick or wounded over a snow day, Petplan covers the hospitalization or the staycation.
- Advertisement and reward: Petplan puts any insured pets on a map in case they get stolen.
As for reimbursement, you can choose between 70%, 80%, or 90%.
Finally, the last adjustment has to do with the deductibles that vary between $250 and $1,500.
ASPCA cannot go unmentioned in this Kansas City pet insurance list, because it’s one of the most renowned insurance companies worldwide.
Moreover, the United States Fire Insurance Company, which has an A rating from AM Best, underwrites the insurance policies.
- Relief of pre-existing conditions
- 10% discount for the next pet you insure
- 30-day refund guarantee.
- A waiting period of 2 weeks for accidents
- Locked coverage plans for a year
- Complaints on reimbursement account
Plans & Coverage
There are two plans under ASPCA, and that’s Accidents Only, and Complete Coverage.
As the name suggests, the first plan covers accidents like injuries, wounds, predator attacks, ingestion, poisoning, and illnesses.
The Complete Coverage Plan covers accidents and illnesses, but also:
- Undefined illnesses: tummy problems, ear, eye, and skin infections, urinary tract infections, hypothyroidism
- Hereditary & Congenital Conditions: IVDD, eye issues, hip or elbow dysplasia, cardiac illnesses.
- Chronic Illnesses: Diabetes, cancer, asthma
- Scanning & Tests: Ultrasounds, bloodwork, lab work, MRIs, and other tests and lab examinations
- Therapy types: Rehabilitation and chiropractic treatment
- Preventive behavioral interventions: Destructive chewing, pacing, licking, fur pulling, separation
- Med prescriptions
- Microchip implants
Also, you can upgrade this with a wellness plan. It’s advised to use this plan if you have a puppy or kitty that needs vaccination and follow-up checkups.
ASPCA allows you to choose an annual cap of:
In terms of deductibles, owners can choose between $100, $250, and $500. As for reimbursements, owners can choose between 70%, 80%, and 90%.
Figo Pet Insurance is a dedicated pet insurance company toward brings justice to animals and enduring they get all the needed rights.
So, the coverage plans it offers definitely confirm that they need a place among the best pet insurance Kansas can afford to consider.
- Customer support is always at your disposal
- No vet networks
- Positive user testimonials
- Restrictions for senior pets
- Hard to navigate the official website
- Vet examinations aren’t covered for insured illnesses or accidents
Plans & Coverage
Figo pet insurance users have three plans at their disposal: Essential, Preferred, and Ultimate.
Each plan has the same coverage, but they differ in terms of the annual caps on coverage. For example, the Essential plan is limited to $5,000 yearly, the Preferred plan is limited to $10,000 yearly, and the Ultimate Plan is unlimited.
Each plan covers the following:
- Accidents & Illnesses: coverage in case of an illness or an injury
- Hereditary and congenital conditions: illness or condition inherited by their mama and dem
- Hospitalization: all necessary tests, lab works, examinations, or other follow-ups of a covered illness as per the arranged plan
- Chronic conditions: heart diseases, kidney failure, asthma, advanced treatments like CyberKnife, and radiosurgery.
Optionally, there’s the Wellness Plan to add on top of the ‘basic’ coverage. This plan is most convenient for young puppies or kitties.
In terms of costs, Figo users can choose a $100-$1,500 deductible and Figo Pet Insurance comes with reimbursement varying from 70% to absolute coverage or 100%.
Prudent Pet is also on the list of the best pet insurance providers in Kansas because of their fairly affordable options and equally satisfying service.
Although it’s a pretty young insurance company, the stats and customer satisfaction rank Prudent Pet with the most experienced pet insurance companies.
- Fast claim process for accidents and illnesses
- No limits on elder pets
- Many discounts
- High prices on certain breeds
- Complaints about premium programs
- No Vet Direct option
Plans & Coverage
Prudent Pet Insurance comes with three plans, as follows:
- The Basic Plan: Accidents and Illnesses
- The Essential Plan: The starter pack + chronic, and congenital diseases. Meaning, infections of the eye, ear, or skin, birth deformities, or hip or elbow dysplasia.
- The Ultimate Plan: This plan is all-inclusive. It covers lost pets, boarding expenses, and reimbursement for theft or stray animals.
Prudent Pet offers lots of options in terms of prices. For example, pet parents can choose a deductible of $100, $250, $500, or $1,000. As for the annual limits on coverage, the basic and essential are limited to $10,000, while the Ultimate plan is unlimited.
Finally, the reimbursement is also customizable as users can set a reimbursement of 70%, 80%, and 90%.
And, if you insure another pet – you get 10%.
FAQ: Pet Insurance in Kansas
How much is Pet Insurance in Kansas?
Pet insurance in Kansas City KS is fully customizable. Whether in terms of coverage, or the price at hand, you can adapt any pet insurance to your needs. Some pet insurance providers offer Direct Vet Pay which comes in handy as you won’t have to wait for your reimbursement, while other insurance companies have short waiting periods of 2 days.
Regardless of which one you’ll choose, generally speaking, pet insurance Kansas services estimate $40 for an adult dog and around $12 for a cat.